Kris Kringle Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line a large cookie sheet/baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in white chocolate and cranberries.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons) of dough, 1-1/2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for about 1 minute and remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Courtesy of www.yummly.com/
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nonpareil sprinkles
- 25 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat baking mats and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla extract, and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl. Roll the balls of dough, about 3 teaspoons of dough per cookie, then roll each ball into the sprinkles to coat. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Press the chocolate kisses into the center of each cookie. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Courtesy of www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
Santa’s Trash Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/3 cup crushed Pretzels
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp red and green sprinkles
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In another large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
- Gently stir in chips, pretzels, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.
- Make tablespoon size balls of dough. Slightly press them down onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake until edges are just starting to get golden, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Courtesy of Delish.com
Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed (and cold)
- 1¼ cups Andes peppermint crunch chips (found in baking aisle
- 1 tsp extract (vanilla, almond, or peppermint)
- red food coloring (optional)
- more sugar to coat cookies before baking if desired
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in extract, food coloring, and Andes peppermint crunch chips.
- Use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together and forms a ball.
- Shape dough into a log about two inches in a diameter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for two
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut slices of cookie dough about ¼ inch thick and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or
just until cookies are set. Do not over bake.
- Let cool for several minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar for the topping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Mix everything except the powdered sugar into a bowl (Batter will be thick).
Spoon into balls and roll in the powdered sugar.
Place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.