We experienced a night of wonder and merriment at Atlanta’s holiday pop-up Santa’s Fantastical. My four-year-old described it as a visit to the North Pole. This indoor attraction offers interactive photo booths, games, a stage show and visitations with Santa and a bunch of adorable North Pole characters. From the moment you walk-in, you’re transported into a land of magic.
Your adventure begins in a large, library viewing area. The walls come to life with interactive characters welcoming you and explaining what to expect inside. Once the doors open, you’re greeted by a breathtaking forest of lit Christmas trees, massive light-covered ornaments, snowflake coated, interactive walls and adorable photo ops. We didn’t get a lot of time to spend in the forest, as my ambitious child followed the sign directing you toward the man in red.
Following that sign, we went down a long corridor at “crunched” as you walked as if snow were beneath your feet, the walls glistening like the northern lights. When the hall ends, you’re greeted with numerous options for your holiday excitement. Some of the features you can expect include:
- Numerous photo opportunities: Many of these photo booths are optical illusions. One photo op placed you atop a Christmas tree, another into a candy cane vortex. They’re well-lit, beautifully decorated and transforming. This feature alone is worth the trip for the Instagram lover in your life. For the younger kids, well, most of the photos I took during this event were a blur, as my preschooler was beaming with excitement and couldn’t wait for the next surprise.
- Santa’s Workshop: Your child has the option to color different toys. Once colored, your child’s toy is scanned into an iPad, it becomes animated and lands on Santa’s workshop conveyor belt, getting wrapped for Christmas day.
- Yondo’s Snow Palooza: In this interactive game, players toss snowballs at a massive screen to take down the evil snowmen.
- Puff’s Polar Plunge: This giant slide is fast, colorful and exciting. The kids couldn’t slide down enough times, with every slide a rainbow trailed behind.
- Live Shows: Enjoy beautiful and comedic dance routines, each show is a different set of songs and a fantastic new experience.
- Interactive Characters: Meet and greet with a towering Yeti, adorable forest creatures, elves and of course, Mr. & Mrs. Claus.
- Santa’s Secret ‘Stache: This 21+ bar offers a full-line of holiday-inspired beverages, plus a relaxing retreat to enjoy them.
- Fantastical Faces: For an additional fee, guests can experience high-quality face painting with a photoshoot afterward to preserve the memory.
If you’re looking for a holiday attraction for all-ages, Santa Fantastical is worth a visit. Expect to spend 1-2 hours taking photos, interacting with displays/characters and viewing shows.
Santa’s Fantastical is located at 1155 Mount Vernon Hwy suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30338. Tickets range between $20-30 per person and have timed entry. For a more efficient visit, reservations are available for your free visit with Santa. Buy tickets here: https://santasfantastical.com/